I looked back at my newsletter from this time last year, and all we had at our new home was a concrete slab! All the stress to finish building, get utilities working, and start manufacturing, seems a world away.
Here’s where we started over 5 years ago compared to the factory we have now built
Still waiting on Yarra Valley Water and CFA requirements to install pipework to water meter, a fire hydrant and hose reels – another $30k unbudgeted expense! This is before we can enclose the trenches and begin beautifying the property.
We are, however, underway on the shop… After some clever advice, we spray painted the roof
We got gas – finally! The metre was installed on 23/8 and we recommenced full blown production on Monday 27th August – 2 months after the move…. Such a relief!
Now, if we can just get the CFA regulations sorted (which our surveyor should have actioned over the past 16 months!), the construction would be
Well our move is still proving challenging! We are still without gas to cook our jams, chutney/relishes and jellies so have quite a few out of stocks. After waiting two weeks, we have discovered we have another two to go, so have now bought in the camp burners to go back to pot cooking –
We moved! Well, partially….
We relocated out of our old digs into this beauty on June 28th, however, with no power or gas on site, we’ve had to move cooking back to Mt Evelyn. We finally achieved power connection this week, but still unsure on gas. There may be a few stock issues over the
Still not at lock-up just yet! Windows have arrived after a long hold up in the design and standards departments, but hopefully we can now motor ahead….
We finally cleared the old concrete slab from down the side which took a few days, filling an old dam that wasn’t in use. We’ve compacted it down
As you can see, we’ve been hard at work coating the back warehouse floor (that’s Mum and Colleen!) and filling, sanding and painting the large back wall of the top warehouse (that’s Stefan on the scissor lift).
We still have a lot of painting to go…
We are not yet at lock-up, just awaiting the
Here’s an aerial shot (high up on a scissor lift!)….impressive, hey? So much of the structure is in place, giving us a true sense of how much space we will have. We hope to have the roof on in the next few weeks and the colorbond shed also finished in that time frame. Our deadline
The lower level internal structure has been erected so we can actually walk through rooms and visual the size – it makes it so much more real!
The back two sections of colorbond shed needed a crane, and people power, to fix the roof in place.
Over the next few weeks we’ll see the upstairs
Surprisingly, the builders have been busy over December/January and commenced the internal frames. It’s wonderful to see the structure begin to take shape….