YVGF is as Aussie as ANZAC DAY
ANZAC Day is on the 25th April.
Place your order online now for our superb relishes, chutneys, sauces and other special condiments, or visit one of your local supermarkets, providores, butchers or giftware stores and ask for the Yarra Valley Preserves range by name.
Traditionally our Aussies crank up the barbie & celebrate quietly to honour the brave men & women that we all admire so much.
Flying the Australian Flag for ANZAC DAY is our tribute to all of our heroes who have galliantly fought for our fair country. In our home town of Seville, there is much respect for one particular gent by the name of Lieutenant George Mawby Ingram, who served in the 24th Battalion, Australian Imperial Force. On the 5th October, 2018, his extraordinary courage and leadership in the face of danger was noted and rewarded with an esteemed Victoria Cross Military Medal. Although born in Bendigo, George moved to Seville and lived with his fruit growing family, whilst getting his education at Seville State School. So you can see why we feel connected.
Get on ya bike & come to the Yarra Valley on ANZAC Day & make some memories – have a picnic, call into our Farmgate Shop & drive to wherever takes your fancy.
Seville, Wandin and the surrounding country townships of the Yarra Valley are still highly populated with fruit farms of all sorts. Of course there are strawberries, cherries, grapes and quinces, along with apples, tomatoes and every other fruit imaginable. As long as those crops can cope with our south eastern Australian climate variants, they thrive – and at Yarra Valley Gourmet Foods we are proud to be the biggest supporters of local Australian farmers, whilst growing our own produce here on our twenty acre farm.
We know all about ANZAC Day food.
So how about a few suggestions to add Australian-made flavour sensations to your ANZAC Day get-together:
- Try our Mint Jelly or Rosemary Jelly with a slow roasted lamb
- Slurp a bit of Mountain Pepper Tomato Ketchup on ya sausage in bread
- Put a bit of pickle on your ham or your Spam
- Have a Fig Jam experience with Ginger – on toast, or add a dollop into your oats and stir it through
- Serve up a series of YVGF Mustards with some Caramelised Balsamic Onions on hot dogs
- Present a swag of cheeses with relishes, pickles and chutneys and bickies
- Swirl our Splashes on your fresh salads
- Marinate your meats with our Sticky Glaze, Wok Toss and Black Garlic & Wild Thyme Worcestershire Sauces
- Roast up some Pork, pick it up with your fork and dip it in Apple Sauce
- Whip up a Pavlova and swirl it with strawberry jam and cream, then top it with fresh strawberries
- Launch into a lamington that has layers of luvliness
- Peel some prawns and dip them in mayo
- Tempt your friends with our Extra Bite Spicy BBQ Sauce, and/or
- Go all out and explore some heated conversations after laying out our Mad Dog Chilli Range of sauces, jams, mustards, salsas with oodles of carrot sticks, corn chips and a customised collection of snacky foods.
Whatever you get up to, have a fun day, remember the fallen, eat well, soak up some friendship, and have a beer with Duncan (or Denise) – just because you can!
Happy ANZAC Day for the 25th April
Lest we forget