Sweet and Spicy Roasted Capsicum and Feta Bread Boats
- 8g (2 teaspoons) instant yeast
- 35g (2 heaped tablespoons) caster sugar
- 225ml lukewarm water
- 450g bread flour
- 10g fine sea salt
- 1 jar Yarra Valley Preserves Roasted Capsicum and Chilli Relish
- 100g - 200g crumbled feta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling, optional
- Prosciutto or whole egg for topping, optional
- To make the dough, thoroughly mix together the yeast, sugar and water in a medium sized bowl – allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and salt to the yeast mixture and mix to combine. Knead for 5 minutes in the bowl, or until the dough is uniform and forms a smooth ball. Cover with a damp tea towel and set aside for 1 ½ - 2 hours or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Line two trays with baking paper and preheat your oven to 240°C.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, tip it out onto a lightly floured benchtop. Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces and make each piece into a ball. Working one at a time, flatten each ball slightly, then roll into an oval shape around 15cm long, 10cm wide and 0.5cm thick.
- Roll the edges of the dough towards the centre to create a rim and pinch each end together to make a point, like a small boat. Place each portion of shaped dough onto a paper lined tray allowing plenty of room between each boat.
- Spoon 1 ½ - 2 tablespoons of Roasted Capsicum and Chilli relish into the hollow of each of the shaped dough boats, and sprinkle with as much crumbled feta cheese as you like. Lightly brush the edges of the dough with the beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in the hot oven for 10 - 12 minutes, or until golden.
- If desired, you can add prosciutto or a whole egg to your bread boats – if using prosciutto simply add a few slices draped on top of the other toppings at the beginning of baking; if using an egg bake the relish and feta covered boats for 8 minutes before cracking a whole, raw egg into the centre of the boat and baking for an additional 3 minutes, or until the egg is cooked to your liking.