Strawberry and Cardamom Banana Bread
Makes 6 mini loaves
- 180g plain flour
- 1¼ tsps bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200g dark brown sugar
- 70g Yarra Valley Gourmet Foods Whole Egg Mayonnaise
- 55g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 100g roughly chopped pistachios
- Yarra Valley Gourmet Foods Strawberry and Cardamom Jam
- Preheat fan forced oven to 150°C.
- Lightly coat 6 mini loaf pans with non-stick spray and line with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, bicarb and salt in a medium bowl.
- Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed beat brown sugar, mayonnaise and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating to blend after each addition and scraping down sides and bottom of bowl as needed.
- Reduce speed to low, add flour mixture, and mix until just combined. Add bananas and mix just until combined. Fold in the pistachios. Spoon 2 tbsp of the batter into each prepared tin. Spoon 1 tsp jam into the centre of each and use a fork to gently swirl into the batter. Divide remaining batter between the tins, use a spatula to smooth the tops then repeat with jam on the top of each loaf.
- Bake loaves for 45-50 mins or until a tester inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack and let bread cool in pan 1 hour before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.