Cranberry and Walnut Stuffed Baked Brie
Recipe makes 2, each serves 4-6 as a snack
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 100g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 6 large sage leaves, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Yarra Valley Gourmet Food Spiced Cranberry and Orange Jelly
- 2 x wheels of brie
- 2 squares sheet of puff pastry
- 1 egg, whisked with a splash of milk
- Sesame seeds, dill and pomegranate pearls, to decorate
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Heat oil in a medium frypan over medium heat. Add onion and gently sauté until softened. Add walnuts and sage, season with salt and pepper and fry for a further 2 mins. Remove from heat, stir in Yarra Valley Gourmet Food Spiced Cranberry and Orange Jelly. Transfer mixture to a bowl and refrigerate until cooled completely.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut each brie horizontally into three slices (using a clean, hot knife makes this a bit easier). Place a layer of brie into the centre of each puff pastry square. Top each with a couple of tablespoons of the cooled filling. Top with another layer of brie, repeat then finish with top layer of brie (do not out filling on top layer).
- Fold in the edges of the pastry, over the top of the brie, to form an enclosed parcel. Brush the parcels with egg wash, sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 30-35 mins until golden. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 mins before serving decorated with dill and pomegranate pearls.